Hello Ndi nkem! Hope you haven’t missed me too much. Today is my birthday, and amongst all my emotions, gratitude remains the top. This year has given as much as it has taken, but I want to speak on the blessings the year has brought.
- I’m grateful for the gift of life. The year 2020 presented us with the pandemic of our lifetime. I am so grateful that myself and my family members have made it this far.
- I am grateful for finishing my Masters degree. This degree opened my eyes to many things around social determinants of health, and I am grateful to have completed it.
- I am grateful for taking the MCATs. When I took the exam in 2017, I swore that I would never take it again. So retaking it this year was like reliving my worst nightmare. Adding the pandemic to it, and omo it was rough. But I am so grateful to have successfully crossed that hurdle.
- I am grateful to have applied to medical school. As a re-applicant, I have been scared that the outcome of this cycle, would be no different than my last cycle. But I know I have put in the work, and I believe that it will not be in vain.
- I am grateful to have my family around. I moved in with my sister back in August, and I love it for the most part. I have missed having human interaction and I love being around her
- I am grateful for the strength to move on from failed relationships. This year, I not only broke up with my ex, but also with one of my best friends. Going through that in the loneliness that the pandemic brought hasn’t been easy. But I have been blessed with friends and loved ones who supported me through it all.
- Lastly, I am grateful for the special person that came into my life even in the midst of a lockdown. For all my aproko readers, gossip is still loading 😜.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of the things I am grateful for. But for now, I am going to chill, relax and be taken care of. Till next time. Bye!
Check out my older posts
Hello Ndi nkem!! Hope you are all doing well. This week has been so hectic for me. My sisters returned from Nigeria. My youngest sister is starting college and I’ve been doing the running around preparing for the start of school. This pseudo motherhood life is not easy please. My baby girl lifestyle is not…
Hello Ndi Nkem, Hope you are all doing great this New Year. Are you still following your resolutions, or are your resolutions following you 😂😂? Anyways, today, I have come to do amebo for you. I have sweet gist for una. So the majority of you know that I am applying to medical school. I…
Happy New Year! Welcome to 2021 ndi nkem “my people” Yes, you read the title right. Your girl, Adabekee, is going to medical school. I cannot begin to describe the joy I feel even right now, though I have known for two weeks now. I keep going back to my acceptance letter to make sure…