If you are Nigerian, and eat small chops a lot, you have probably encountered this delicious snack. I have been eating this thing for a long time, but I didn’t know the name. During my internship, we would have small chops provided for meetings. One day I asked them what this small round ball near the puff-puff was, and they told me its mosa. Ever since then, mosa is my favorite thing in the small chops pack. This is my take on it. You can tweak and twat as you wish. Let me know if you try it, and how it goes for you.
- Overripe plantains- 2
- Yeast- 1 tsp
- Flour- 1cup
- Nutmeg- a pinch
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Oil for frying
- Mash your plantains very well. Add your yeast mixture. (I did not use instant yeast, so mine had to be dissolved in warm water.)
- Add in the flour and nutmeg, and stir
- Leave to rest and rise for 15-30 mins.
- Add the salt and pepper (fresh or dried), as well as the onions.
- Fry as small balls till golden brown. Serve alone or like me (with custard).