Hello Ndi Nkem!! How is everyone doing. I saw that many of you really liked the previous post about pet names for your girlfriend, so here is the sequel. Men, you know I can’t forget you.
Before I continue, please be sure to check out my podacst, Let’s talk about it, which I host with my lovely sister. Available here or on Spotify and Apple podcast. Coming to more podcast listening platforms.
However, I won’t lie. Compiling the list for guys was a bit difficult. The names aren’t as romantic as I would like, and a lot of them reference strength. At the end of the day, these names are reflective of what the society values. Here we go.
- Obi’ m – My heart.
- Uso’ m – My sweetness
- Nwoke oma – Good man.
- Odogwu – References an important man.
- Afu nwoke afu ogologo imi ya– If you see this man, you see his long nose hahhhhaaaa!!! Essentially, a handsome man.
- Nwoke eji eme onu– The man that I can brag with.
- Obi uto’ m– My joy
- Nwoke ji obi’ m– The man who holds my heart.
- Nwoke eji eje mba– The man we go to events with. This doesn’t translate as well, but it is definitely a compliment.
- Dike nwoke– Strong man
- Agu nwoke– Leopard man. Lol! This one references strength.
- Eze’ m– My king
- Odim na Obi– The one in my heart.
- Omego– Rich man. As in your bobo is wealthy.
- Ekwu eme– Talk and do. Refers to someone who is reliable and dependable.
As you can see, we Igbo women love to compliment our men with references to their ability. We look at their physique, their pocket, and their strength. All those things are important to us. What about you? What are some sweet pet names you call your lover in your own language? Which of these names did you like the most? Leave it in the comment section. Don’t forget to check out my writing service. Till next time. Bye!
Check out my previous posts!
On today’s episode, we analyze whether sending your kids to boarding school is worth it. We start by understanding why parents decide to send their kids to boarding school.
So you have been dating this person for a while. You already built a future with them in your head: 2 kids, a dog and a house with a white picket fence. Now you are realizing that the said future is only going to be in your head. That perfect life you envisioned is going to shreds.
On today’s episode, we dig into one of the reasons we have seen for sibling rivalry, which is PARENTS! We feel like knowingly or unknowingly, some parents end up causing rifts between siblings. They do this through comparison, blatant favoritism, and sometimes just pitting siblings against each other.