Hello Ndi Nkem!! How is everyone doing. I saw that many of you really liked the previous post about pet names for your girlfriend, so here is the sequel. Men, you know I can’t forget you.
However, I won’t lie. Compiling the list for guys was a bit difficult. The names aren’t as romantic as I would like, and a lot of them reference strength. At the end of the day, these names are reflective of what the society values. Here we go.
- Obi’ m – My heart.
- Uso’ m – My sweetness
- Nwoke oma – Good man.
- Odogwu – References an important man.
- Afu nwoke afu ogologo imi ya– If you see this man, you see his long nose hahhhhaaaa!!! Essentially, a handsome man.
- Nwoke eji eme onu– The man that I can brag with.
- Obi uto’ m– My joy
- Nwoke ji obi’ m– The man who holds my heart.
- Nwoke eji eje mba– The man we go to events with. This doesn’t translate as well, but it is definitely a compliment.
- Dike nwoke– Strong man
- Agu nwoke– Leopard man. Lol! This one references strength.
- Eze’ m– My king
- Odim na Obi– The one in my heart.
- Omego– Rich man. As in your bobo is wealthy.
- Ekwu eme– Talk and do. Refers to someone who is reliable and dependable.
As you can see, we Igbo women love to compliment our men with references to their ability. We look at their physique, their pocket, and their strength. All those things are important to us. What about you? What are some sweet pet names you call your lover in your own language? Which of these names did you like the most? Leave it in the comment section. Don’t forget to check out my writing service. Till next time. Bye!
Check out my previous posts!
Hello Ndi nkem! Hope you haven’t missed me too much. Today is my birthday, and amongst all my emotions, gratitude remains the top. This year has given as much as it has taken, but I want to speak on the blessings the year has brought. I’m grateful for the gift of life. The year 2020…
Hello Ndi nkem! I know you haven’t seen me for over a month. I apologize. I don’t want this going awol to be a pattern but sometimes, wetin man go do (what can one do)? The situation in Nigeria plus other personal reasons have slowed my writing down, but I’m trying to get back on…
Its really hard to love you right now when all you cause us is pain. I just want an Independence day where I can celebrate you with the gusto that those without a green passport do.